Friday, February 12, 2010

Public Speaking at SBLC


When I think about public speaking my palms get sweaty, I get butterflies in my tummy and have a hard time articulating the most basic words. I knew I'd have to face this fear sooner or later. Sooner, rather- like last night. Yikes!

Lewis & Clark Law School's
Small Business Legal Clinic (SBLC) offers legal help to small businesses in Portland through their Intern Program and the Pro Bono Project. It's a non-profit program that offers affordable legal resources to small businesses that need it. I spoke about how positive our experience has been and in what aspects this has helped our jewelry business and our boutique (Splurge). To find out more of SBLC click here.

On my nervous way up to the 10th floor of the SBLC function I was in a tight packed elevator with Portland Mayor Sam Adams and his people. It was comical. I spoke after him and glad I did it- nerves and all (h
e was an arms length away on my left.)

It was sweet to have our friends/business partners
Kim & Kjell of PLYWERK there.

They introduced us to SBLC .

P.S. Thanks Erin and Baby O for closing the shop for me
in such a short notice;)


Photos by Yed - sorry for the blurry pic:)

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure you gave a great talk!!! It's a great resource which I've taken advantage of a couple of times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Naomi! I'll bet Sam was impressed :)

    ReplyDelete